Getting good quality photographs are key to the successful marketing of your property. Great photos can generate more interest quickly, which ultimately can result in more money for you! This article explains what you can do to get your property ready for the photographs to be taken.
The following is good preparation for making sure you get great property photographs:
- Clean and tidy the property throughout
- Declutter (inside & out)
- Clear and wipe off all surfaces
- Clean windows (in/out), mirrors, screens etc
- Remove cobwebs
- Hide dish soaps, sponges, carrier bags and paper towels.
- Set up the kitchen or dining table with nice set of dishes.
- Remove everything from the top and doors of the fridge. This includes magnets, business cards, photos, etc.
- Hide any toiletries that are in the shower or bath, as well as on the counter.
- Toilet seats and lids down
- Move furniture that affects the ‘flow’ of the room. Careful of moving tables etc as they may leave marks
- Move/hide cables
- Open curtains and blinds
- Turn TVs/monitors etc off
- Remove pets and evidence of pets
- Cut the grass
- Weed the garden
- Move bins (inside & out)
- Move vehicles from driveways
- Dress the rooms, inject some colour
- A bowl of fruit or bouquet of flowers can be a nice touch.
After you (or someone else) have prepared the property, walk around the property making sure you are really looking at the rooms, change anything that you don’t like for the photographs. As it can be difficult to see the ‘obvious’ issues in our own homes, perhaps ask a friend to help.
I hope the above has helped you to get great property photographs.
If this article has provided more questions than answers for you. Please take a look at my property photography training at https://landlordphotography.co.uk/property-photography-training/
Or if you would rather leave it to a pro, book me at: https://landlordphotography.co.uk/